Thursday, July 1, 2010

San Diego vacation

Sand Monsters. The goal of this trip was to have the kids play and run wild. We spent most of our time playing and swimming at the beach. Seth and Jonah were great in the waves. I am so glad we brought their life jackets because they were not shy about going out pretty deep. After each swim they rolled around in the warm sand. I remember doing the same thing when I was little because the water gets so chilly. I admit I became a sand monster this trip as well. I even talked Kyle into laying in the sand to warm up!

Kyle and I also went on two wonderful dates after we put the kids to bed (we left them with my mom and dad). We saw the movie Prince of Persia and we both thought it was great. It's a good one to see in the theater! I really liked that I didn't know a thing about this movie, so it was awesome to see the story and visual effects unfold.


Boys play.



The castle building begins.



Dancing on the beach.



The castle building progresses. I can see Kyle in the background bringing an orange bucket of water to fill the moat.



Violet is buried.



We all snorkeled at La Jolla beach. Seth would come up shaking with excitement every time he saw a fish. He LOVED it. He had surgery the day after we came home from this trip and as he was being prepped, I told him about snorkeling in Hawaii and how the water is so clear and you can see all kinds of fish and coral. I told him we'll go someday and he'll love it. As they wheeled him away I said to Kyle, "Did I just promise Seth we'd take him to Hawaii?!" He just said, Yesss.