Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hoover Dam Marathon


I ran my second marathon and again I loved the feeling of crossing the finish line. I was so proud of myself this time because there were so many hard hills. It was work! Kyle heard another runner finish and say, "I didn't know God could make a hill so long."



My cute family came to see me cross the finish line. Kyle said they barely made it in time because Jonah started a fire in the microwave. Jonah was experimenting with water balloons. The house smelled like burned rubber for the next week. But I was so happy to see them at the end waving me in. I won a medal for finishing in second place for my age division. Jonah patted my back and said, "You almost got it mom. You almost won 1st place." He was trying to make me feel better for not "winning" the marathon. He's cute. That night was Halloween so I was tired and sore for trick-or-treating.