Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Walmart Shoes


These Lightning McQueen shoes make me smile. The boys like them too. In the Walmart Parking lot, someone set up a fun zone with those huge blow-up slides and jumping houses. There were 6 total and no lines. The boys' favorite was the "Candy Land Castle". Jonah found a ladybug and carried it around with him. When I saw him going up the ladder to the big slide, I didn't know how he would deal with his ladybug friend. He sat down and gently placed his friend next to him on the slide. Then Jonah took off. He kept his eye on the ladybug and turned frantic when he realized his friend wasn't sliding down too. Jonah flipped over to his tummy and desperately reached up for his ladybug. Jonah didn't have a chance. Those slides are STEEP. His ladybug didn't have much of a chance either. While watching the oncoming traffic of slide goers, I'm pretty sure I witnessed the little bug's final moment. I didn't tell Jonah about it. He went back up and looked for the ladybug. Seth, Jonah, and Violet were filthy, exhausted, and hungry when we pulled into the driveway late Monday night. I haven't had the heart to tell them that we probably won't see the "new park" again.