Tuesday, May 18, 2010

warm springs

We enjoyed a ward camp out at Warm Springs. Next time, I want to let the kids explore the streams. I noticed there were families exploring all over the place. I followed some voices and found a pocket where a stream widened into a little pool. What could be more fun for boys...and girls too? The warm water makes for great swimming!



This is the main spring. The whole place is owned by the church. The kids swam with fish, and they were entertained all afternoon swimming down to touch rocks and bringing them up to the surface. Back in the day when Kyle and I came with our own families, they had a rope swing and they allowed cliff jumping. I am so sad the rope swing is gone.



The kids enjoyed sleeping in a tent and playing with ward friends. We should buy a family tent and do more camping.