Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Seth in 1st Grade


Seth is almost a second grader. He has year round school this year so we're still pushing forward until August. His teacher, Mrs. Asay, is retiring this year. I am putting together a special book for her with messages from other teachers, principals, parents, students, and family. It has been amazing to read the messages. She has had an impact on many lives.



Today was cowboy day in Seth's class. He shared a picture of his Great Grandpa Lewis who is a real cowboy in Cowley Wyoming. When we arrived to school before the gates opened (a first, I'm sure) Seth wanted to practice showing his picture. He talked about how Grandpa Lewis rides horses, has sheep, and how Seth found a sheep bone on the farm. Also, yesterday when I gave Seth the picture and explained to him what a great grandpa is (Grandpa Lewis' Dad) Seth asked, "Is he my Step-Dad?" Kyle and I are both fortunate enough to have parents who are still married, so I guess Seth heard about the step-dad thing at school.