Monday, June 16, 2008

Kindergarten Cutie

I don't think I'm a super emotional mom, but I admit I cried on the first day of kindergarten - and the last . Seth had a successful year and we are very proud of him. First grade is right around the corner. For now, we are in love with summer and can't get enough watermelon, parks, swimming, computer games, and hopefully a few moments of reading here and there.
Kindergarten snapshots:
Valentine's Day

Chocolate Time

Mother's Day Tea: Seth and his class sang to the moms, "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" by James Taylor. Seth danced, grooved to the music and snapped his fingers. Now I understand why he was snapping his fingers all the time at home. It's fun to see them learn even the little quirky skills.

100 Days of School

Counting to 100.


Seth's 1st girlfriend. Seth and Natalie wrote letters to each other all year and decided they would marry. They became friends last year in preschool. They have a secret handshake, swapped trinkets and I think I even saw them kiss on the playground. Seth is matter of fact about it, "Yes, we're getting married because we love each other." I suppose they're just role playing what they understand about marriage. Either that or Natalie has seen way too many Disney princess movies. In any case, Seth should get a kick out of this when he's older. I will not be surprised if he remembers Natalie.


Kindergarten Late Night: Kyle took Seth to this Kindergarten Bash. They felt gooey surprises along this rope, tie dyed shirts, ate hot dogs and many more fun projects. Seth was beaming when he came home.